top of page
  • What is an Enrolled Agent?
    An Enrolled Agent is the highest credential that the IRS issues, making them America’s tax experts. It is the most expansive license the IRS grants a tax professional. An Enrolled Agent is authorized by the IRS to prepare tax returns, advise, and represent taxpayers before the IRS in all 50 states, the only federally licensed tax practitioner to specialize in taxes and have unlimited representation rights. An Enrolled Agent can speak directly to the IRS on your behalf if you receive a letter, facing a tax lien or levy, or audit.
  • What is tax representation?
    Tax representation is when you face the IRS about a tax issue. Enrolled Agents face the IRS on behalf of their clients to handle their tax issues, providing them with tax relief. All Enrolled Agents have passed testing on representation and the tax law surrounding it. Taxpayers who find themselves receiving love letters from the IRS are allowed to represent themselves. However, most taxpayers don’t have a clue where to start. Having a credentialed tax professional provide representation gives the taxpayer a guide to navigate the process or fight on their behalf.
  • How can an Enrolled Agent help me?
    Enrolled Agents advise, represent, and prepare tax returns for individuals and businesses. EAs prepare millions of tax returns each year and their expertise is continually changing which allows them to represent taxpayers efficiently before the IRS. Not all Enrolled Agents offer the same services so it is important to talk to your Enrolled Agent about how they can put their expertise that can best benefit you and your tax situation.
  • Do I have to live in Kentucky to work with you?
    Absolutely not! As an Enrolled Agent I am authorized by the IRS to help clients in all 50 states. My firm, Bowens Tax Solutions is based in Louisville, KY but we are a virtual firm. So unless you’re 80 years old or older (I do work with taxpayers in their 80s) we would not be having an in person call. You can book a no obligation tax relief evaluation with my team and I at “Book Now”.
  • Are Enrolled Agents required to stay up to date with tax law?
    Yes! The tax law has changed so much since I started in the industry in 2011. The most recent changes being 2018, 2019, and 2020. In addition to the rigorous testing requirements and the application process the IRS requires Enrolled Agents to take 72 hours of continuing education every 3 years to maintain their license. At least 24 must be taken each year with a certain amount being in ethics, federal tax law, and tax law updates.
bottom of page